Who can apply?
If you are a deaf BSL user or hold a qualification in British Sign Language, you are eligible to apply due to all of our clients being deaf. Above all, any work experience in relation to deafness would be a great advantage. All applicants will be asked to attend for an information session to ensure you know about SEA. Also, all applicants will be expected to undergo a full DBS check and supply two references, one of which must be work related.
Where will you be working?
There will be a variety of opportunities as we are looking for a vast range of staff with differing experience and qualifications, such as:
- Care homes
- Residential units
- Day centres
- Social Services
- Support Workers
- Voluntary agencies
- Deaf organisations
- Pre-school settings
- Communication Support Workers
Current Job Vacancies
SPECIALIST SENIOR SUPPORT STAFF REQUIRED IN THE SEFTON AREA INCLUDING SOUTHPORT AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Salary Range: £18,250- £19,500 Senior Support Worker Grade (pro rata for part time staff) – negotiable according to qualifications and experience.
Hours of work: Full time 37 hours per week plus sleep-in rate. Part time will be considered. Flexible working hours.
SEA Recruitment Services is an expanding organisation that provides specialist services to Deaf and Deaf/blind people.
To be the keyworker for clients, overseeing that the support runs smoothly, liaising with the team, being involved in reviews and updating support plans and risk assessments.
Monitoring of services and ensuring CQC compliance is met to an excellent standard.
The ideal candiate will have:-
- Proven experience as a support worker and ability to work as part of an established team.
- NVQ Level 3 in Social Care (training can be provided)
- Deaf aware and a good understanding of individual communication needs.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of person centred support
- Experience relating to brain injury/related behaviour would be desirable but training will be provided.
- Flexible working patterns
- Supervision and a supportive management team
- Access to training and personal development
- Company Pension Scheme
- Access to a company health care scheme
- Enhanced holidays dependent on length of service
The post is subject to a satisfactory interview, DBS check and 2 references.
For an application form and job description, please contact email@example.com or download the application form from the website www.searecruitment.co.uk
Closing date: 26/03/21
SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED IN GREATER MANCHESTER, West Yorkshire, LEEDS, BRADFORD AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Permanent and bank staff are required
Excellent rates of pay – dependent on qualifications and experience
Hours of work – flexible to suit you up to 37 hours per week
SEA provide Homecare, Outreach and Supported Living services
We have various job vacancies for Support Workers to work with deaf and deafblind clients across all areas.
- Are you passionate about providing great quality care to clients who are deaf and have additional needs?
- Do you think that you can make a difference to people’s lives by offering person centred care that enables clients to live independently?
- Do you have a strong empathy with the needs of D/deaf Adults and the ability to build rapport with service users?
- It is essential that you have BSL skills and a positive attitude to working with deaf and deafblind adults and children.
- Previous experience would be an advantage, but full training will be provided to applicants with the right attitude and motivation.
The role involves providing care to clients depending on their individual needs.
Examples of tasks?
- Encourage independence and to learn new skills
- Provide support in social and leisure activities
- Personal care – help with washing, bathing, showering etc
- Help with mobility
- Support in planning and preparing meals, shopping
- Assist clients to access information
- Support and develop communication
- Budget planning and managing money
- Teaching transport skills
We can offer you excellent rates of pay, flexible working hours, a company pension scheme and full access to support and training including opportunities to undertake Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
We are an organsation that is fully accessible to deaf people.
For more information and to apply for a job;
- Click on the link below to download our application form
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will need to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and supply two references.
Our services have been rated “OUTSTANDING” by CQC
Download Application form
Finally, SEA is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing services which improve access for the client group. We are a unique organisation because we are able to provide staff with sign language skills to individuals, businesses and organisations, enabling the provision of high quality, equitable and accessible services.